Friday, September 30, 2005

Goodbye...

Apparently, I'm not the only one saying goodbye to an old habit (see previous post)...

Tonight, I am invited as a witness to a 'Berazone' ceremony created by yours truly...

Here's a lil' bit about it...

When I was 14, I wanted to change and give up my love for art because I was devastated knowin that I can never take 'art' as a subject in upper sec level. So, I created a ceremony called the 'Berazone' where I razed all my artwork to ashes.. I wanted to put everything in the past and not remember them (the effect is VERY obvious, as you can see).. And it worked for me..

Not only artworks, but everything else that was somehow manipulated by me... Everything that had my initials or personal touch.. I created a list that went all the way to number 56 of the things burnt, including my old easel, paints, pastels and shoes.. This ceremony was witness by the one and only Aidil and he signed the list and kept it and will return it to me when he feels that I forgot about ALL of them..

Emotional and angry lil' child I was...

But now it's his turn... I havnt asked why he's giving all of his sketches up but I guess true reasons are very personal.. Tonight I shall be at his house setting his memories on fire... And I thought I should buy some of his stuff or maybe steal a lil' before lighting up, but I'm a WITNESS..

What a waste of pure talent... I think he could have made it big...

if he had went elsewhere...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home