Friday, January 27, 2006

Life? Not!!!

Hey all...

Okay, so i've been busy.. Yeah yeah.. I say it in every post now, and I refuse to apologise..

On Wednesday, dikir girls performed.. Within an amazing 4 day period, we managed to get lyrics, recruit ppl, form ragam and manage hand and voice coordination.. Although it wasn't the best of all dikir, it was definately quite a miracle.. No group, I repeat, NO GROUP could ever manage that sort of performance within 4 days training, an average of 3 hours each.. Especially the ragam (as compared to guys dikir, ahem!)... And on top of that, a third of them are actually DIKIR VIRGINS..

Day started normal, until 11.30 A.M.... The girls made a mistake to take it easy and came at noon instead... We had to put on the costume, figure out the samping, make- up and pecah suara in abt half an hours' time... For Mar, Dayana and me, it had less 'cos we were involved in the kompang item... Nonetheless, the spirit of true performers in certain members know better than to sit down, not help while others are struggling to pin up their samping and spend 12244324987 hours on their own make- up... I know now who call up for the next dikir performance...

Special thanks I need to announce:
1) Salleha- forming ragam with me and carrying those instruments
2) Farah- pure talent and leadership
3) Mar and mai- recruiting people and support
4) Yazid- patience and for the costumes

And on Friday, which is later today, I'll be playing the canang for the guys dikir at Taman Warisan.. Trying not to be mean, but I'm looking forward to seeing my parents (my mom's shop's near there) than the performance.. The boys are not prepared, and yet it's a PUBLIC performance..

May God bless us with a miracle...

Of all my 11 dikir performances, this is my first time playing the canang and yet, this is the most nerve- wrecking pre- performance jitters I've ever had...

God, please, God...

Anyway, thanks to Syaheeda, the girls' performance was recorded and thanks to many others, photos photos photos!! Here are some from my own camera.. Not all, cos some are just plain waste of time... Click on em for the 1024 version... Enjoy!!!





Syahid the extra..



The roomies



The lovers



The loser pose



And the lost pose... Hahaha...



Lalat masok oi!



Does Farah look extra WHITE or what???



Finally, a true group photo...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home