Saturday, November 26, 2005

It's time to

PARTaaaY!!!

Woohoo.. I dunno why, but I wish to talk a lil' some about the paper I had just now, so if you're not interested, skip the next 3 paragraphs..

HL 802 Engineering Fiction: Science and Technology in Literature...

Yes, I do take odd subjects like these.. The Literature of Science... For those interested, please take it next sem (if available).. Seriously, it's probably the easiest examinable subject that will earn you the academic units you so dread.. It's just 2 lectures a week (yes, NO TUTORIALS, NO ATTENDANCE- TAKING).. In the 1hr slot, we discuss books and the 2hr slot, movies! There are no actual formal texts (good for those who don't really read novels and would like to save money) for this, but we did discuss about Frankenstein, The Time Machine and Brazil.. The movies we watched: Pandaemonium, Frankenstein, Bride of Frankenstein, Around the World in 80 Days and another one which I forgot.. The exam is just a 2hr paper consisting of 4 essay questions, out of which, choose ONLY 2! They aren't entirely text based, more theme based questions which are mainly discussed in the lectures...

These were the questions I got:
1) Discuss the Romantic figure of the outcast with reference to Mary Shelly's novel Frankenstein. What is its legacy for the science fiction novel in and beyond the nineteenth century?
2) By closely drawing on 2 or more of the novels or films we have been discussing, explain their narrative uses of time travel paradoxes.
3) How is ratiocination used and represented in the nineteeth- century fiction?
4) Discuss the genre of Dystopia with reference to 1 or 2 nineteenth- century works.

I know, they sound tough, but if you break it down, it's relatively a discussion about anything and everything under the Sun during the 19th century.. And as a bonus, Miss Tamara Silvia Wagner gives chocolates she bought from Swiss during movie screenings and regularly falls sick to cancel lectures without make- ups... Lecturers like that are hard to come by... Hehe.. I think the reason I bother about this subject is because she made it 'care- free'.. Somewhat EVERYTHING is my decision- no rules, no requirements, no competition.. I mean seriously, who would ever think Yati would LOVE to read about time machines, mad scientists and monsters?

Ok, back to life.. Yesterday, I went to get my black shirt from Bedah at Far East Plaza, 'cos she's working at The Grand Hyatt.. She has no HP, which was a BIG problem cos I came 5 min late.. So I waited there like a dumbass for 45 min and later, went to hotel itself to find her... Yes, people, please know I have a BIG patience.. Bad enough she held on to it for WEEKS, did not bother to call me up to return it, had me to go get it instead of she coming to me, did not care to wait 5 MINUTES for me, but made me wait over an hour (outside and inside the hotel) to get the shirt! Seriously, I don't know where all this patience come from.. And to make it worse, her fellow collegue passed me a note to go out with him, 'cos he'll end his shift in an hour.. "Just wanna make fwens.."- MY ASS..

But when I met her, empathy came over me.. I mean, I worked with hotels, and trust me, it ain't easy.. So rare to see her so smart and polite and FULLY CLOTHED.. So yeah, complimented her and gave her a hug and told her I missed her.. Again, I really don't know this side of me ever existed..

And the guy passing me the note was kinda a cute gesture which I missed in ever naughty, naive, shy BOYS.. Now that I mainly date post- NS, I- like- to- show- off- my- car, smooth guys who have good pick up lines and a huge sign saying 'I would like to bang you tonight. Primal please.' all over their foreheads, I miss the sweet innocence of boys.. Peadophilic me.. Hmmm.. Hehe.. This is the 4th time I'm changing those pantyliners... And please, keep those dark, delicious chocolates away!!!

Back to life, again.. Then I just gave the guy smile (it means 'NO') and walked out.. And yeah, as usual, the shopaholic stopped over Kinokuniya to buy unnecessary books and stationery and then to Women's Secrets for a panty and then to Forever 21 for a useless top.. As I walked back to the MRT station, I realised how much I miss those huge pictures of GUESS? models.. My gawd.. The models are so HOTT!!!

These were my days in Cedar which I never appreciated.. In those days, Lonerz will come down to Orchard Road almost every single day and watch movies at Lido.. And Aidil will always bring me clubbing around town and Zouk.. Town area is always so vibrant, busy and full of interesting faces and activites.. Since I got to JC, Tampines is my everything and now in uni, Jurong Point... I shall make more effort to go to town more often.. In the day, of course.. At night, it's a whole different story..

Where are those chocolates??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home